Wednesday 25 April 2018

WWC167 - Gail's "All About Christmas" Challenge


I just looked at the calendar and it's precisely eight months until Christmas Day!  Can you believe it?  Thank goodness I'm getting some of my Christmas cards created ahead of time, thanks to our challenges.  This week Gail is our host for the "All About Christmas" challenge.  Any layout, any colour, anything goes, as long as it's Christmas.


I have to admit that I could not bring myself to use anything pertaining to snow for my Christmas card.  Call me crazy but there is still snow in my yard (although it's finally creeping back and melting) and I'm just so ready for a world without snow.  Until next winter, that is.  So I went for a fun card featuring that adorable little Dachshund and some Christmas cookies.  How fun is that!  And it's definitely about Christmas without adding the white stuff.  Bonus!

You won't recognize the yellow which I've used behind that wonderful sentiment.  It's one of our new In-Colors and is so much brighter and "yellower" than the others in our colour families.  For all the hand-colouring I've used my Stampin' Blends.  Otherwise I've added the new Pineapple Punch (yellow) and the Lovely Lipstick (red matte and red sentiment).  The gorgeous greens are stamped first in Memento Black and then in Tranquil Tide.  I love all these colours and love the happy feelings that this card evokes.  All the images are from one stamp set, the wonderful Ready for Christmas set (which is carrying over into the new catalogue---YAY!).  Whoops!  Wrong.  The yellow image behind the sentiment is from the brand new Love What You Do set.


I hope you'll check out the awesome creations by the other Watercooler Artists over at our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.  And then, by all means add to your Christmas stash and link up your creation for us to enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love this Christmas scene - I really like the yellow behind the sentiment. I hope you don't mind me pinning this for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful Christmasy scene you've created with that sweet little dashound. He really looks like he'd like to get a hold of Santa's cookies. I like the way you've highlighted behind the sentiment it really makes it pop and grounding the table and the dog completes the focal point so well. Great card Heidi, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.