Thursday 23 February 2012

Elegance in Black, White, Grey and Pearls.

I had so many emails and positive reactions to my Card Gift Case as well as questions about other possible colours for it and the cards within it.  Of course the only limit to that is one's imagination (and the cardstock and Designer Series Paper on hand) but it did start my creative juices flowing again.

This time, rather than using the romantic blossoms and those wonderful deep reds and blues in the Twitterpated DSP that I used last time, I began thinking along the lines of simple elegance.  Well, what could be more elegant than using Black, Grey, White and pearls?  It's like designing a card or case to go with that all-too-important little black dress every woman wants.  Right now I'm leaning towards the simple black and white design in the Twitterpated DSP and designed two cards using it to see how that might go.

For the first one I used the Sale-a-bration stamp set, Fresh Vintage and kept simply within the black and white within the Twitterpated DSP and added a bit of Basic Grey cardstock as well.  I absolutely loved its simplicity:
With the addition of three tiny pearl accents, this card was complete.

My second one was identical except that I used the Elements of Style stamp set instead.  That little stylized hummingbird and a piece of the large flower stamp filled the framlits Labels Collection die perfectly and gave the card a completely different look.  As before, I added tiny pearls, one as the hummingbirds's eye and the other one on the "postage stamp" flower again.


I'm still incubating the third card, trying to decide whether it will simply highlight another stamp set or mix up the colour elements a bit.  For the Card Gift Case, however, I'm pretty sure I will continue with the Twitterpated white and black DSP...but we'll see.

How do you like the series so far?

No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.