Sunday 12 February 2012

Time for Tea?

I do love my coffee when I first get up in the morning.  There's nothing like a jolt of caffeine to wash away the cobwebs left in my head and prepare me for the rest of the day.

But I do love tea!  Green Tea and Peppermint are my current teas of choice.  Naturally when "The Tea Shoppe" stamp set was released, it appealed to the tea-lover in me.  For a change, instead of using one of the delightful cup stamps in the set, I decided to use the "white peony" oval stamp.

First I cut a 6" x 12" piece of textured River Rock cardstock with my Fancy Favor Bigz XL die...love the way the score lines are automatically added when you use that die!  Then I used the oval Designer Frame embossing folder in the centre of one of the unscored panels.  Of course I used the pink Sticky Strip to glue the bottoms and sides of the Fancy Favor together...I didn't want the goodies inside to fall out due to failed adhesive.

Then I used the large Oval Punch for Calypso Coral which fit perfectly into the embossed oval frame.  I used the "white peony" stamp with Old Olive ink on Very Vanilla cardstock and cut that out with the "Scalloped Oval" punch and coloured the leaves in with my Lucky Limeade Stampin' Write marker.  Then I used the dimensionals to mount that onto the Calypso Coral.  I went a bit crazy with the flowers, using that wonderful Boho Blossoms punch on two DSPs (Neutrals collection River Rock and In-Color 2011-2013 Calypso Coral) as well as Whisper White cardstock.  For the centres of some flowers, I added a flower punched with the flower shape of the Itty Bitty Shapes punches.  The leaves were punched with my trusty and well-loved Bird Builder punch using Lucky Limeade cardstock and the butterflies were punched with that wonderful embosslit die: Beautiful Wings.

The finished product was filled with teabags and given to one of my dear friends...a total success.

2 comments:

  1. So pretty, what is the finished size of the box? Did you add Pool Party card stock to the ends of the box? Love this idea.

    Barbara
    barbstampinup@att.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see where you might get the impression that the ends (sides) of the box are a different colour. They aren't...just dreadful shadows giving that illusion. The finished dimensions are: 3 1/2" high, 3 1/8" across the front, 2 1/4" across the side. It's not dreadfully large, but it holds a fair bit anyway. I'm going to be posting the Easter Basket my workshop group made. They loved it!

      Delete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.