Friday 28 September 2012

One More Day!

It's almost OH Day!  That's Open House Day, but also oh, oh, oh...whenever I remember something else I should have ready.  Is there such a person as an Open House Planner?  I could sure use one!

I have finally decided on the card that I'll have everyone make, a bit of a WOW card but still easy enough that people new to card-making won't be tearing their hair out.  I also have a smaller 3-D project which I'm sure will make everyone very happy.  Next step, cutting all the pieces so that it's just a matter of assembly for my guests.

I have a few display projects which I hope will encourage people to sign up for classes.  I have a large display board as well.  I believe I have enough catalogues to give out.  I have the snacks planned and on order.  Alas, I still haven't decided on any games even though I've indicated on my flyers that there would be some.  *sigh*  Easy games...there must be some mentioned on the Stampin' Connection.  I must look in the morning.

It's scary when you read other demonstrators' postings about having had an Open House and not having anyone show up.  Of course that puts negative thoughts into my head and adds to the stress level.  I just have to keep telling myself that I have had 8 confirmations already.  And, of course, some people will come without confirmation just because they don't want to commit but are curious.

Friday will be a whirlwind of cleaning and last minute angst.  It's countdown time.  Before I know it, my Open House will be over and I'll be reviewing the successes and failures of the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.