Friday 21 December 2012

For the moment! For the day! For the month! Forever!

Apparently the world was supposed to end sometime around 3:00 a.m. on December 21st, 2012.  That time has come and gone.  Of course, in case the ancient Mayan was on a different time system, the day will not be ending until midnight.  Will the world end then?  I suppose that if it does, I will never know about it.

I cannot understand why some people are so preoccupied with the end of the world that it has become an obsession with them.  Their lives revolve around the end of life rather than around life itself.  I ask myself:  "Is the prospect of Doomsday their only pleasure?  In that case, do they even live?"

I know this could be argued endlessly in a Philosophy class.  But this isn't a Philosophy class.

If the world ends, I will not know about it.  Nor will all the other people on this earth.  If the world ends, end of story.

I know that this world of ours is far from perfect but it is what we have and we should care for it.  We should stop worrying about Doomsday and begin worrying about the planet which we happen to inhabit and begin to take care of it.  We should  stop worrying about Doomsday and begin caring for each other and striving to make this a world where we all care about each other.

I'm glad the world didn't end.  I'd miss it. Wouldn't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.