Thursday 21 March 2013

Huge changes for My Digital Studio!

Effective immediately Stampin' Up! is offering My Digital Studio (otherwise known as MDS) at an enormous savings of 75% off.  Yes, you can now buy the full package for only $24.95.  Astounded?  I certainly was.  And this isn't a special price for a limited time.  No, the MDS will be regularly priced at $24.95 from now on.

You're probably wondering if I'm calling it MDS because it's the original programme.  Nope, that programme no longer exists.  And since it doesn't exist, it makes sense to simply call it MDS instead of  MDS2 and MDS2+.

Why is Stampin' Up! offering MDS at such an enormous saving?  Apparently we have now moved to another level in the production of the programme.  The producer of the programme, because of the large numbers we are now able to sell, is giving Stampin' Up! a better price and Stampin' Up! is passing that new, much more affordable price down to its customers immediately.

There is no time like the present to try out your own hand at digital cardmaking or digital scrapbooking.  The prices for the finished printed product were dropped a few months ago, making it much more affordable to have it produced by Stampin' Up!  But you aren't limited to having your cards or photobooks printed by Stampin' Up!  Creations made in My Digital Studio can be exported and printed on your own printer or by other photo printing companies.

I enjoy making hybrid cards using My Digital Studio.  I print out part of the card and then add layers or embellishments, thus making it into a half-and-half, or hybrid.

This is the front of an Anniversary card that I made combining both "normal" card-making and digital card-making.


This is the next "page" of the card, showing the full figures of the bride and groom on the tandem bicycle.  The figures are actually a stamp brush set that wasn't available in a stamp.  I loved the look and so decided that having it digitally was better than not having it at all.  It printed out beautifully on my Whisper White cardstock and then I trimmed around the figures so that they would fit into the design of my card.


This is the whole card opened.  I love these double-fold cards.  I also love the fact that I was able to put together a card just the way I wanted because of My Digital Studio.

For more information on My Digital Studio, you can click here and check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.