Friday 1 March 2013

Never say "never"!

Those words are so often repeated, aren't they?  How often do we say we'd never do something only to discover a while later that "never" has actually come around and is happening right now?

Well, it's happening with Stampin' Up!  How often have demonstrators said that Stampin' Up! would never offer acrylic stamps?  Their trademark has always been the rubber stamp.  Whether it is wood-mounted or able to be mounted on an acrylic block, the Stampin' Up! stamp has always been rubber.  Well, no longer!  Right now, beginning March 1st, 2013 (a day to remember on your calendars!), Stampin' Up! is offering photopolymer stamp sets on a trial basis.

What is a photopolymer stamp and why would you be interested?  Photopolymer stamps are basically 2nd generation from the original digital art while molded silicon stamps are generally 4th or 5th generation from the original digital art.  The fewer steps (generations) between the digital art and the finished stamp, the higher the resolution.  And resolution is one of those attributes that is so very important in a stamp.  Besides this, they stick to the acrylic block beautifully and they're clear so that you can actually see precisely where you are stamping.

So, yes, Stampin' Up! has always said never, ever!  That began back when there were no real choices in the type of materials from which clear stamps were made.  After extensive testing of the longevity of the photopolymer stamps and their image quality, however, Stampin' Up! is going to give us a chance to try them out.  If we like them, it looks as if there will be even more choices in the Stampin' Up! store.

The first set is this one

Designer Typeset Photopolymer Stamp Set - Stampin' Up!

It comes with a mind-boggling 57 pieces and costs a mere $16.95 (Item #132956).  Could you ask for a better introduction to the photopolymer stamp sets?

As soon as mine arrives, I'll post an update of my impressions as well as a sample card using the set.  If you don't want to wait, just order your own from my online store or contact me and I'll included it in my next order.

Isn't this exciting?



2 comments:

  1. Exciting indeed. Thanks for the wonderful introduction and information Miss Heidi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think I'd be so excited about this change (or opportunity), but I am. There are a number of customers of mine who will be thrilled to have the option of getting transparent SU! stamps. I'll be happy to have them buy from me rather than one of the other places. :)

      Delete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.