Saturday 2 November 2013

Remembrance Day is coming up---an owl remembers.

I borrowed an image from the internet and combined it with a little soldier owl, made using my wonderful owl builder punch.  I've used Always Artichoke, Soft Suede, Crushed Curry and Crumb Cake for the base and the layers.  I love the way the colours all work together so very well with the borrowed image.

The poppy is from the Simply Sketched stamp set.  I've stamped it on watercolour paper and used my aqua pen to colour it in with shades of Real Red.



Let's all remember---and be thankful for those who gave everything for us.

2 comments:

  1. Your soldier owl is sweet Heidi. This is a well thought out and cute card. TFS.

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.