Wednesday 1 January 2014

Hello 2014---what surprises do you have?

Well, it's a brand new year!  There is always a sense of wonder as the year begins.  What lies ahead?  Will there be happy surprises?   It's a year with promises.  It's a clean slate, soon to be filled with new stories.

My card, welcoming 2014, is a mixture of old and new.  I needed the numbers from the Memorable Moments stamp set.  The "hello", however, is from the new Perfect Pennants stamp set as are the pennant shapes.  I can see a lot of work ahead for the brand new Banners Framelits dies.  They make all the various sizes of banners so easy.  The new Hexagon Hive Thinlits die provided some added interest as well as some cute little hexagon shapes.

I played with the colours and worked in some of that versatile This and That Epic Day Designer paper along with some Tangerine Tango, Gumball Green, and Crushed Curry.  The result is, I believe, happy and celebratory---perfect to welcome the new year ahead.


Hope you enjoy the card and, more importantly, hope the year ahead is a happy one for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.