Tuesday 7 January 2014

I should have "knocked wood"!

It's snowing outside...AGAIN!  I guess it isn't enough that some of the piles of cleared snow are now at least six feet high.  We're striving for a record here and the snow is definitely cooperating.

I made a card for a swap that I entered.  The cards I committed to do for the swap are due in less than two weeks so it's definitely time for me to get started.  Designing the first card always takes the longest time.  After that, it's a snap.  Or, at least, much easier.

The stamp set which I committed to use for the swap (each person in the swap had to commit to a specific set on a very limited list) is the Best of Snow stamp set.  I love the little characters in that set as well as the snowflake and sentiment.  I've used the set a fair bit over Christmas but wanted a completely new card for the swap.  My decision was to go for blues, whites and silvers.  On a good day, when it's not overcast and snowing, I love the blue sky, white snow and silver flashes of the sun sparkling against all those combined flakes.

My background cardstock is the Naturals White but I've used a bit of Whisper White for the sentiment and also for the little snowman because nothing stamps quite as well as that wonderful polished Whisper White (or Very Vanilla).  Added to that are some Island Indigo cardstock and ink as well as the beautiful Encore Silver ink.  To top it off, I added a "frame" of Dazzling Details in Silver Sparkle and a whole lot of dimensionals.  I like the 3-D effect that having my snowman inside a cut-out gives and the additional depth of having the sentiment on dimensionals as well.


Overall, I love the card.  I don't love the snow any more so it can go away anytime.  Hmmm...maybe I shouldn't have used "Let it Snow" for my sentiment without knocking wood first.


No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.