Monday 10 March 2014

A bit of everything

You know how sometimes when you're cooking or baking you wind up putting in a bit of this and a bit of that and it seems after a number of those "bits" that you've put in a bit of everything?  That's how I felt when I finished making this card.

I had been looking at the products which I had ordered from the Occasions Catalogue but which were still in their brand new condition.  Never used is a bad thing to be when you're part of a Catalogue with an early end-date.  After all, the Occasions Catalogue ends on June 1st.  Yes, that's still a few months away but do you realize we've already finished with almost 2 1/2 months of this brand new year?  Time flies!  It really does!

So, in particular, I wanted to at least try out my Arrows Textured Impressions Embossing folder and that super-fun framelit from the On Film collection that looks like a Polaroid photo frame.  I also had my eye on the starburst in the Essentials Wooden Elements.  As far as paper was concerned, I had decided that I really hadn't had enough of the gorgeous Watercolour Wonder Designer Series Paper.  To go with it, I chose a base of Naturals White, a layer of Gumball Green (which I embossed with the Arrows embossing folder), some Whisper White and finally, some Crushed Curry.


You can see that I also added a bunch of banners and some Gold Foil just for fun.  The flower is made of coffee filters cut with that wonderful Spiral Flowers Original Die.  I actually cut two and dipped the material into a mixture of rubbing alcohol and Crisp Cantaloupe re-inker.  When dry, I layered the two cut pieces and made one very full flower.  The green peeking out is a leaf, also cut from a coffee filter using Autumn Accents Bigz Die and dipped into a mixture of rubbing alcohol and Gumball Green re-inker.  A bit of white Baker's Twine, some Stampin' Dimensionals, and my card was done.

Isn't that a happy looking card?  Love that Watercolour Wonder Designer Paper!

No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.