Friday 7 March 2014

Sending good thoughts your way, Mum!

It's my Mum's birthday today.  I won't be able to hug her and say "happy birthday", unfortunately, because she left this world over ten years ago.  There's still a hole in my life since she left.  We did a lot of things together and enjoyed each other's company.  Her love of taking pictures led to my life-long interest in photography.

Mum also loved tulips.  They were among her favourite flowers and Dad always made sure we had lots blooming in our gardens back in Victoria.  I don't remember ever seeing an empty vase during flowering season---which, in Victoria, was much of the year.

I made this card with my Mum in mind.  My memories of her are golden and therefore the card is a celebration in gold.  We have Gold Foil, gold embossing powder, Gold Vellum, the golden designs of the Watercolor Wonder Designer Washi tape and even some Gold Encore ink.  Like I said: a celebration in gold.

I stamped the tulip from the Backyard Basics stamp set on Gold Foil using Black StazOn ink.  That ink stamps beautifully on any surface!  Then I used the matching framelit to cut it out.  I love the effect!  It makes me think of a pretty gold brooch---and Mum loved brooches.


So, Mum, I know you're listening.  I'm sending good thought your way---wonderful, golden thoughts.

I miss you, Mum.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Card !! Like the way you used the washi tape in the design of the card .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and also a nice memory of your mum. I think it's important that we continue to do things in the memory of those who have left us too soon. It keeps them "alive" but it also helps our hearts. <3

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.