Thursday 19 June 2014

MOJO Monday 350 ---Another look at the Wetlands set

For my last challenge I used the Wetlands set and kept it simple.  For this challenge, I'm revisiting the Wetlands set and am also using the same colours.  Even the centre window is the same as is the Burlap Ribbon that I used.  Despite all this "sameness" the result is very, very different.  The key is the sketch.

For the sides, I decided to use the Banner framelits but cut them in half and mounted each half on a side.  For my base, I decided to use Lost Lagoon and then layered it with Naturals White stamped with the Gorgeous Grunge set and Baked Brown Sugar ink.  

I didn't want such a large piece of Burlap Ribbon and therefore cut it in half lengthwise.  I frayed it right up to the stitching.  The lengths of twine that I removed when fraying, I used to make a "flower" and attached it with an Antique Brad.


For more samples of cards using this sketch, check out the Mojo Monday Blog.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this beach-themed card, Heidi! The burlap flower is genius and I love the watercolor/splatter details! Thanks again for letting me know the name of the DP I used on my card. Stay tuned and you'll see more from the same pack on my next mojo card! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Wanda. I've been playing a lot lately with the Burlap Ribbon. Once you begin realizing it's "okay" to cut it and fray it, a whole new world opens up.

      Delete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.