Thursday 10 July 2014

Today & Everyday---You Light up my Life!

Sometimes you see a stamp set and know it's meant for  you.  The Today and Everyday stamp set, for example, is one of these.  Throughout my daughter's life, I've told her that "you light up my life" and that is one of the sentiments included with this set.  Perfect?  Yes, indeed, the set is perfect---especially when the Blendabilities make colouring so much fun.

I've used the Blendabilities on Whisper White with excellent results.  The shading and colours make all the images on which I've used them come to life.  I've also used the Blendabilities on such embellishments as the Rhinestones and the Pearls and love the way I can coordinate their colours with the rest of the card.  This time, however, I intended to use the Blendabilities on the Silver Foil.  After all, if they work so well on the embellishments, they should also work on the foil.  I thought that stamping the paper lanterns on the Silver Foil and colouring them would give a real inner sheen to the images.  I was right.

The Memento ink stamped on the Silver Foil brilliantly and dried well (although I did heat set it since I knew there would be no absorption by the paper).   The colours went on beautifully as well.  I didn't even have to use the Blendabilities Colour Lifter because it was easy to leave a much lighter area against the foil.  Being alcohol based, the inks dried rapidly and did not rub off.  So far, so good.

I did not like the huge empty area at the bottom of the card.  Yes, negative space can be really effective with Whisper White or Very Vanilla, but I found it just looked empty with the Silver Foil.  So I tried something new with my Decorative Dots Embossing folder.  I fit the Silver Foil against the front and then used the fat end of my Simply Scored Stylus to "push" the pattern into the foil in a gentle "scoop" design.


I chose to separate the sentiment from the image and mounted it on the card with Dimensionals.  Unfortunately the glow of the silver really isn't done justice in the photograph.  This is one of those times that the real thing is much better than the picture.

I've entered the card in the Stampin' Royalty challenge.

2 comments:

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.