Monday 15 September 2014

So Thankful

I am so thankful for so many things.  I try to give thanks every day for a few of those things.  It's a great feeling---the giving of thanks.  We set aside one day a year to give thanks.  I have stamp sets with sentiments that give thanks.  That's all well and good.  For me, it's the daily giving of thanks that swells my heart.

I made a card for a challenge and for its sentiment I put "so thankful".  It shows a Canada Goose backed by a circle of sunset colours.  I love scenes like this.  When I am lucky enough to see the Canada Geese in real life, flying against the setting sun, swimming in ponds, feeding in meadows, I say a quick thank you because I know I'm lucky.  Not everyone is blessed to see such wonderful sights.

For my base I used Naturals White cardstock.  Then a layer of Old Olive and another layer of Tangello Twist.  My top layer is Whisper White onto which I stamped the Canada Goose from the Wetlands stamp set using Memento black ink.  Then I cut a circle mask and used it to sponge the Tangello Twist ink and Crushed Curry ink around my goose, which I had also masked to save it from the colours.  At the bottom of the circle, I sponged Old Olive ink.  Then I took off the circle mask and the mask from the goose and applied some colour to its body.

For my sentiment I stamped "so thankful" from the Project Life Holiday Cheer stamp set onto Naturals White and cut that into a narrow banner.  I poked a hole into each end of the banner and used a silver Mini Brad on each end to attach it to a piece of Naturals 5/8" Chevron Ribbon.  Then I attached the ribbon to a strip of cardstock which I had put together with Tangello Twist at the top and Old Olive at the bottom.  That strip was attached with sticky tape across the lower portion of the card.


I used the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches in my design.  For more cards using this sketch click on the sketch, below.
I used the "so thankful" sentiment for the anniversary challenge at Around the World Stampin' Up! Challenges.  Their theme is "thanks".  For more cards in this challenge, click the image below.


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Heidi! Your sponged sunset is so amazing and looks so realistic! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Cindy. I love the combination of Crushed Curry and Tangello Twist.

      Delete
  2. Very nice, Heidi, great colors and I love your goose :-)
    Thank you for your participation to AW25!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Marie-Josee. I love that goose from Wetlands. It's one of my favourite stamp sets.

      Delete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.