Thursday 9 October 2014

Happy Wonderful Christmas

*So thrilled to have this card be an "Artist Pick".*

If I offered you Blackberry Bliss, Pear Pizzazz, Basic Black and a Neutral to make me a card, you'd most likely go and check out your Hallowe'en stamps, right?  Well, that's the color challenge over at Hand Stamped Sentiments right now.  Did I make a Hallowe'en card?
I'm not sure that I'll knock their socks off with my interpretation of their challenge, but I'm happy with my little creation.

For my base I turned to one of my favourites, the Naturals White.  Then I used a diagonally cut piece of the lovely All is Calm Specialty Designer Series Paper and attached it to a piece of Basic Black that I had first stamped with a snowflake from my Endless Wishes stamp set and Craft White ink.  Along the diagonal I attached a piece of the 1/8" Silver Ribbon.

On a piece of Whisper White I stamped the Christmas Bauble using Black Memento ink.  Then I fussy-cut the image out and finally coloured it using my Blackberry Bliss and Pear Pizzazz Stampin' Markers.  I added some silver with my Stampin' Silver Dazzle marker and some bling with my Silver Dazzling Details.  When everything was dry, I attached that to the card with Dimensionals.

For my sentiment I turned to the Wondrous Wreath stamp set and Pear Pizzazz ink on Whisper White cardstock.  To finish the sentiment off, I cut it out using my Apothecary Accents framelits and then added some black "stitching" and sponged the perimeter lightly in Basic Black.  That, too, was attached using Dimensionals.

Those are not the first colours I'd reach for when making a Christmas card, but I'm very happy with the way it turned out.  It really shows you that there isn't such a thing as a Christmas colour.  


For more cards using these colours, check out Hand Stamped Sentiments.


4 comments:

  1. What an elegant take on the color challenge! You have shown me how sophisticated these colors can be that I could only see as Halloween. Thanks for being so awesome. Smiles, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Elizabeth. I was determined that they could be used other than for Hallowe'en and am so happy it turned out well.

      Delete
  2. I love your use of the colors for such a beautiful Christmas card! Thank you so much for joining us at HSS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Breelin. I love the colours together. Your challenges are always fun.

      Delete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.