Wednesday 15 July 2015

PCCCS153 -- Happy Anniversary

Don't you love modern technology?  Here I am on a cruise to Alaska and my computer pulls out the scheduled file and posts it for me in my absence.  I absolutely love it!

I also absolutely love the sketch for the Paper Craft Crew Challenge this week.  It gave me a chance to try out one of those gorgeous silver doilies.  I love that the package contains both silver and gold doilies and also two sizes of each.  The way I've used the doily to fit the sketch, I only needed half of one.  At this rate my package will last quite a while.


I decided to make an anniversary card.  If the "Happy Anniversary" is changed out, it could also be an engagement card or a wedding card.  I kept the colour palette neutral.  I really wanted the silver to take centre stage, and not just the silver in the doily.  I also used silver ribbon and cut a silver butterfly as well as a silver Project Life paper clip.  Even the matte for the sentiment is silver foil.  

The beautiful Timeless Elegance Designer Series Paper "picked" my colours for me.  I went along with the Basic Black, Sahara Sand and Very Vanilla contained in the paper.  I added some texture by embossing the Basic Black behind the silver doily using my Elegant Dots embossing folder.  I also added texture to the Sahara Sand Strip by using my Decorative Dots embossing folder.  Both echo the pattern in the printed lace of the designer paper.


If you'd like to see more cards created using this sketch, I invite you to join us at the Paper Craft Crew Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.