Sunday 26 July 2015

WCC29 -- Make a Wish!

It's time for another Watercooler Challenge and this one is all about special folds.  Bev has provided a sampling of special folds as the photo inspiration.  Of course there are many other special folds.  It would take several pages to fit them all into my post.


The card which I chose to create uses the Easel Fold which isn't pictured.  There are several types of Easel Folds but, since I've just come back home from our trip to Alaska, I stuck to the simplest of them which is the straight forward Easel.  

Since I've just been on a cruise, the ship from the Traveler stamp set really appealed to me.  The coast of Alaska is rainy much of the year and so seascapes of aquamarine were common.  Using a wash of Pool Party ink and Lost Lagoon ink, I managed to re-create some of what I saw.  The other colours which I've used are the Memento black ink and the new Watermelon Wonder ink as well.  

I've used a base of Night of Navy and also Whisper White, Watermelon Wonder and Pool Party cardstocks.  For the background of the inside of my card, I've stamped the World Map stamp on a piece of Pool Party cardstock using Lost Lagoon ink.  The sentiment is from the Perfect Pennants stamp set.


I hope you'll check out the cards made by the rest of the Watercooler Artists at the Watercooler Challenge site.  I'd love to see your own special fold linked up for our challenge.  You have until August 7th to do that.

1 comment:

  1. Love the easel card you chose for this challenge Heidi. How appropriate to choose an ocean theme and the beautiful ship from Traveller. Lots of details in this card and they all blend so wonderfully. Sorry you experienced rain on your Alaska cruise, that seems to be fairly typical. Apart from that the landscape and ruggedness of the terrain is priceless. Welcome back.

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.