Wednesday 2 September 2015

WWC32 -- Sleigh Ride



Do you notice the new banner?  Our favourite Watercooler Challenge has moved to Wednesday, changed its name and, to top it all off, has become a weekly challenge.  Woohoo!

This week's challenge is a sketch challenge by Kath Ricks.  I love sketch challenges and Kath's was a lot of fun, especially when I turned it on its side for my card.  I love that about sketch challenges.  It's fair game to turn them on their sides or upside down as long as the original sketch is still recognizable.


I turned the sketch on its side so that I could try out the brand new edgelits from the Holiday Catalogue.  With a bit of layering I was able to use all three of the Sleigh Ride edgelit dies for my card.  I was totally thrilled about that.  I kept my colours simple.  I used Soft Sky cardstock as my base and then layered some Night of Navy, Silver Foil, More Night of Navy and, finally, some Whisper White cardstocks.  I chose not to use any Designer Papers because I used so many embossing folders on my various cardstocks.  If you look carefully, the Night of Navy is embossed using the Stylish Stripes embossing folder, while the base of Soft Sky is embossed using the Lucky Stars embossing folder.  The strip of Silver Foil is embossed using the Decorative Dots embossing folder.  Finally, the Whisper White is embossed using the new Softly Falling embossing folder featured in the Holiday Catalogue.


Any sentiment or greeting could be used on this card.  I haven't added one and may not.  I like the simplicity of the card without any writing on the front.

For more cards using Kath's sketch, check out the rest of the creations by the Watercooler Artists at our Watercooler Wednesday challenge.

2 comments:

  1. Heidi great use of all the embossing folders and the layout for your card. I really like the different orientation. Thanks for sharing. I hate to say it but pretty soon it may look like that in Alberta.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry, Penny, but we can't be friends. A friend wouldn't tell another friend DURING THE LAST DAYS OF SUMMER that she can expect the nasty white stuff soon. It pains me, but that's the way it has to be.

      Delete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.