Wednesday 9 September 2015

WWC33 - You Make My Heart Smile

It's time for another Watercooler Wednesday challenge and this week we are featuring Bev's Photo Inspiration.  I love photo inspiration challenges.  There is so much one can do with them.  The only rule is that one can tell that the card was created as a result of inspiration from some part of the photo, whether it be the colours, the design, elements within the photo, etc.

WCC33 - Photo Inspiration

You can see that there are almost limitless possibilities within this photo.  I chose to use the colours and also the floral design in the background.  For an added touch I also added a border of Silver Foil circles along the right border to echo the silver circles within the gorgeous chandelier in that bedroom.

I began with a base of Smoky Slate followed by a number of layers of cardstock:  Perfect Plum, Whisper White, Rich Razzleberry and Blackberry Bliss.  My Triptych is stamped with the images and sentiment from that beautiful set, Timeless Love.  I used my Aqua Painter to colour the images using Pink Pirouette, Rich Razzleberry, Perfect Plum, Wisteria Wonder and Pear Pizzazz inks.  I've set the triptych slightly off centre  and then, along the wider border of Perfect Plum, added eight Silver Foil circles.

I hope you'll join us this week at the Watercooler Wednesday challenge and check out the rest of the cards created by the Watercooler Artists.  I hope you'll feel inspired and link up your own creation.  I look forward to seeing it.



4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Cary. The inspiration photo really appealed to me.

      Delete
    2. I love how you chose your elements for this card Heidi. The silver circles are a really great way to highlight the chandelier. I also like the way the layers came together. That flower image is amazing! Thanks for sharing.

      Delete
    3. Thanks so much, Penny. I really enjoyed Bev's photo inspiration. Besides the great colours, there were so many elements within the photo that got my creative juices flowing.

      Delete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.