Wednesday 16 September 2015

WWC34 - Hello

It's time for another Watercooler Wednesday challenge and this week's is all about colour.  Jean Fitch has provided a different type of colour challenge.  She has created a challenge within the challenge with her ombre technique.


I just love this!  Instead of using a number of set colours, the idea is to have the card or a part of the card showcasing the ombre technique.  I knew that I wanted to do an underwater scene and so I decided to use a colour I haven't used for a while, the Island Indigo.  

I kept the card very clean and simple.  I wanted the ombre to "pop".  The base of my card is Whisper White and then I've added another layer of Whisper White which I first embossed using the Decorative Dots embossing folder.  After using my Ovals framelit, I set that aside and proceeded to use a sponge dauber to create an ombre effect on the base, making sure I kept the colour towards the centre, leaving the border white.

Then I took a piece of Window Sheet and the From Land to Sea stamp set and heat embossed two jellyfish using Whisper White embossing powder.  You can tell by now that I planned to make this into a shaker card, right?  If you look closely, you'll see several of the sequins behind the Window Sheet.  For my sentiment I decided to create a similar ombre effect on a small piece of Whisper White and then used the Greetings Thinlits to cut the "hello" out.


I really enjoyed this challenge.  Thanks, Jean.  I hope you'll join us at the Watercooler Wednesday challenge to check out the cards posted by the other Watercooler Artists.  Better still, try the technique yourself and post your card to our challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.