Tuesday 27 October 2015

PCCCS168 - Happy Wonderful Christmas

I love the easily cut out images that make up the beautiful Home for Christmas Designer Series paper.  I've already cut out one of the Santa Claus images for a card and this time I chose the adorable baby reindeer.  The sketch challenge for the Paper Craft Crew just seemed to be perfect for it.

Paper Craft Crew Challenge 168. #papercraftcrew #cardsketch

To make the image "pop", I kept my colours to a minimum.  I used the heavy weight Whisper White for my base, added a layer of Cucumber Crush and then a layer of the normal weight Whisper White.  Across the lower portion of the card I added a strip of Basic Grey onto which I added some of the pretty Cucumber Crush Dotted Lace Trim ribbon.  Then I stamped the holly branch from the Embellished Ornaments set onto a die-cut circle twice, extending onto the layer of Whisper White.   After colouring the images, I added the fussy-cut image of the young Rudolf, mounted on Dimensionals.   The sentiment from the Wondrous Wreath set completed my card.


For more cards using this sketch, I invite you to visit the Paper Craft Crew challenge.

I've also entered this card in the Weekly Christmas Card challenge.

For another fun challenge, I invite you to check out the Watercooler Wednesday challenge.

6 comments:

  1. Sweet card. Love the cute deer. Thanks so much for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this one two may I case lv m

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, Marilyn. Try a few different coloured ribbons, too. :)

      Delete
  3. Heidi, I love this! That Home for Christmas Designer Series Paper is my favorite and so versatile when you can cut out the images. Wonderful card! Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges. Marsha DT @ SCCC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Marsha. I love that paper, too, for the same reason.

      Delete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.