Wednesday 14 October 2015

WWC38 - Spooky

I love Tic-Tac-Toe challenges.  The only hard part is deciding which of the lines to follow.  I can always think of so many different things to do with all the options.  For Buffy's challenge I must have gone back to the choices at least a half dozen times, making first one decision and then, as I thought about how much I liked another option, making a different decision.  Finally I just stopped over-thinking the whole thing and chose to make my card using the third line, vertically.  In other words, my card would have dry embossing, glitter and leaves.


For my dry embossing I turned to the very versatile and fun new Woodland embossing folder.   After using the embossing folder on a piece of Whisper White, I used my aqua painter to add some muted colours to the background and also took my Basic Black Stampin' Marker and filled in the lines of the birch trees.  For my glitter I chose to use Glimmer paper.  That is just chock-full of glitter and much easier to use (I'm bad about spilling glitter).  So one of my layers is cut from the new Black Glimmer paper and the spooky red eyes of the owl as well as the wicked eyes in the upper right corner were cut from the Red Glimmer paper.  In person this card is shiny and glittery.

The last requirement for my Tic-Tac-Toe line was to add leaves.  Since these are Autumn trees, there are still a few coloured leaves hanging onto several branches.  


I hope you'll try your hand at creating a card from Buffy's Tic-Tac-Toe challenge this week.  You can see cards created for the challenge by the remaining Watercooler Artists at the Watercooler Wednesday challenge site.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.