Wednesday 23 December 2015

WWC48 - Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!


Guess what!  This week the challenge is mine, all mine!  That's right!  It's Heidi's Anything Goes With Snow.  In other words, any project whether it be a card, a scrapbook page, a banner, a tag or a bag or a box, is eligible as long as there is some snow on it.  It can be anything from a single snowflake to a blizzard.  The project linked up must have snow.  But this time of the year it's not hard to be inspired by the white stuff, is it?

And another surprise!  This challenge will last two weeks.  We have Christmas coming in a couple of days and New Year's not far behind.  People will be travelling and having visitors.  It makes sense to take a bit more time to allow people a chance to participate, right?

So, on with the challenge.  This is the inspiration photo:


No, you don't have to make a snow globe.  Of course if you make one, it's perfectly all right and we'll love it.  The snow globe is, however, simply a prop to get you into the mood.  Think snow!

For my project I decided to make a card.  This time of the year one needs a lot of cards, after all.  The one which I created uses the Heavy Whisper White cardstock as its base and the next layer is Night of Navy.  I needed a good, strong colour because I planned to cover the cardstock with a layer of the Winter Wonderland printed vellum.  If you don't recognize the piece, it's because I've used the reverse side.  You see I didn't want any gold in my card and the snowflakes on that vellum are gold.  On the reverse, however, they are a beautiful white---perfect for my creation.

Before attaching the Night of Navy to the base, I used the largest of the Perfect Pines framelits to cut out the tree shape just to the left of centre.  That way, when the vellum was attached over it, the white really stood out sharply against the muted Night of Navy.  Then I took that die cut tree and used the garland framelit on it.  That left little holes in the tree through which the white showed perfectly.  After attaching the Night of Navy tree, I added some Silver Dazzling Details to the branch edges to give a bit of sparkle to them.

I added small Rhinestones to the centre of each snowflake on the vellum.  Then I added a Silver Glimmer paper star to the tree top and added a Rhinestone to the centre of that.  Finally I heat embossed a long, skinny banner of Night of Navy using my White embossing powder.


It's simple.  It's elegant.  It's a whole lot of snowflakes.  I hope you like it as well as I do.

I invite you to check out the wonderful creations by the other Watercooler Artists at our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.  You have until January 4th.  I hope to see your creation linked up.

I've also entered my card into the Color Throwdown Challenge #373.

2 comments:

  1. Snow, wonderful snow!! I love the snowflake covered background, with lots of bling, Heidi! I'm also glad that this will be a 2 week challenge, so hopefully I will have a chance to enter ;) I hope you & your family have a very Merry Christmas! ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Deb. Of course I am sending warm wishes for a wonderful Christmas right back to you and yours. *hugs*

      Delete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.