Sunday 7 February 2016

TCTC#5 - Hang In There

When I checked out the new Colour Tree Challenge colours I was surprised to see two yellows.  Two yellows and a dark blue.  I'm not counting the white because I would have used that anyway.  But still---two yellows.


Did I decide to leave it and forget about the challenge?  No!  That's what I like about challenges.  They force me to think outside my day-to-day comfort zone.  I know I've grown a lot in my creative abilities since I began joining challenges.  Certainly both my style and my willingness to use colours that aren't my favourites have expanded.  That's a very good thing.  Without growth, I would become bored and stop paper-crafting.

Thanks goodness that cute little chick is being offered in our Sale-a-bration freebies.  That set came to the rescue for this challenge.  I used a base of Whisper White, then a layer of Night of Navy and then another layer of Whisper White.  For that final layer of Whisper White, however, I added some stamping before adhering it to the layers.  I used my Aqua Painter and added some Night of Navy ink in the lower portion and then stamped a couple of the patterns from the Timeless Textures set above that using the Hello Honey.

On a scrap piece of Whisper White I stamped the chick and the balloon from the Honeycomb Happiness set using the archival Basic Black ink.  Then I cut those out carefully before colouring them.  For the chick I used my Aqua Painter and Crushed Curry ink.  I added a touch of Hello Honey with my Stampin' Write Marker for the feet and beak.  I also used the Crused Curry for the balloon but decided to sponge the colour on to give it more of a 3-D effect.  The little ribbon below the balloon is coloured with Night of Navy ink.

I attached the chick and the balloon with my Dimensionals and then stamped the sentiment in the lower right corner using Night of Navy ink.


I hope you'll check out the rest of the cards at The Colour Tree Challenge.

4 comments:

  1. Adorable...simply adorable. Great use of the challenge colours. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - 2 yellows! What a brave girl. Love your background stamping and your cute little chick. Thanks for playing along at The Colour Tree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bronwyn. Yes, my bravery surprises me.

      Delete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.