Wednesday 10 February 2016

WWC54 - The Bouncing Brayer Technique


This is an exciting challenge for me.  Marsha Reed is hosting her Bouncing Brayer Technique and, even though I've heard about this technique, I'm finally being forced to try it myself.


Are you ready for my first attempt at this?  I've decided that since Valentine's Day is coming up this weekend, it makes sense to make this card all about love.  So I turned to the long-accepted tradition of red and white for my card.

Rather than beginning with a piece of Whisper White cardstock and bouncing a brayer inked up with Real Red ink, however, I decided to do it in reverse.  I chose to use a piece of Real Red cardstock and then bounced that loaded brayer full of Whisper White Craft ink.  Yes, Marsha, you were right to warn us.  I did wind up with inky white fingers BUT I did not get fingerprints all over my project.  Score one for Heidi!

Since I had used Craft ink, I knew it would take some time to dry properly.  That gave me time to get the other elements of my card prepared.  For my base I decided to use Real Red cardstock and then added a layer of Whisper White.  I used my corner punch on all four corners of the Whisper White as well as on all four corners of the brayered piece.  I thought that softened the effect.  Then I added a heart cut from Whisper White using the beautiful Bloomin' Heart Framelit.  To that I added blossoms die cut from the Red Glimmer paper.  I added Pearl embellishments to the centres of the blossoms and then, to the open cut blossoms in the design, I added Red sequins from the Brights Sequin assortment.  I finished the card up with a sentiment at the top centre and another at the bottom centre.

















It's all about love, right?  At least that's what the card says and that's what Valentine's Day means to countless people.

I hope you'll join us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge to check out all the other wonderful cards created by our Watercooler Artists.  This week is special.  We're introducing four new people who will be part of our team for the next three months.  Come on over and say "hi".

2 comments:

  1. The idea of making this technique into a Valentine's card is terrific! Your design turned out very pretty, very elegant. The brayering really makes the heart shine! I'll have to try the white craft ink on colored card stock. This works so well together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comment, Libby. I do like having the coloured cardstock as the base for the "bounce". This could also work well with an orange over a yellow cardstock for a vibrant sun.

      Delete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.