Wednesday 24 February 2016

WWC56 - You're Tea'riffic!


It's time for another Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and this week we have an "Anything Goes" challenge.  I think they're so much fun because I can use a card I've made but not posted or even make a card for another challenge (shhhhh!) and share it here.


I love the new Have a Cuppa Suite!  You'll remember that I used a teacup in a previous post.  Love those Cups and Kettle Framelits Dies!  This time I'm using the teapot.  There isn't a stamp for the teapot in the A Nice Cuppa stamp set but that means you can die-cut the teapot and then use any type of stamp to decorate it.  For mine I decided to use the tiny flower stamp from the Botanical Blooms stamp set and heat embossed it all over the teapot and lid using White embossing powder.  I love the way it pops against the lovely blue of the Marina Mist, don't you?

I used a Heavy Whisper White base and then added a layer of Marina Mist and then a layer of Whisper White which I had first embossed using the Lovely Lace embossing folder.  To that I added a narrower layer of the Blushing Bride colour from the Perfectly Artistic Designer Series paper as well as half a doily.

I added a Silver Foil spoon and two Silver Glimmer Paper sugar cubes as well as some Silver Glimmer Paper steam (love that it's shaped like a heart!).  With the addition of the sentiment from the A Nice Cuppa stamp set,  my card was finished.


I hope you'll check out our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge to see the other wonderful samples created by the Watercooler Artists.  And then I invite you to link your own card to the challenge.

2 comments:

  1. Heidi this is such a wonderful card. I can see why Buffy chose to CASE it in the April Wacky Watercooler Blog Hop. Your silver spoon looks real and those sugar cubes are the coolest touch. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Penny. I wish this bundle wasn't on the chopping block.

      Delete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.