Thursday 24 March 2016

Happy Easter and Good-bye!

One of my favourite challenges has always been the Friday Mashup.  No, I don't always have time to play along, but those times that I have, I have always wound up with a creation that makes me proud and happy.  Oh, I love a lot of my other projects as well, but I believe that the Friday Mashup has pushed me more than any other challenge and, by pushing me, has helped my creativity to grow.  Why?  Because theirs is a three-part challenge.  There is always an option one and an option two, not to mention option three which is a combination of one and two.  I've always chosen option three.  Why not go for the biggest challenge?

So why am I going on about how much I've always loved the Friday Mashup?  Because this is their very last challenge.  Of course I'm creating a project for it!  Of course I'm mourning inside as I create that project.  This is a challenge that I will truly miss.

* * * * * * * * * * 

This last challenge is all about Easter.  


option 1 - Create a Project with an "Easter theme or Chicks & Bunnies" 
option 2 - or Create a Project using the above "Sketch
option 3 - or Mash it Up and create an Easter project using the Sketch above. 

For my project, I'm "mashing it up" and am using the sketch to create an Easter card.  I've begun with a base of the heavy-weight Whisper White.  Then I've added a layer of Delightful Dijon and on top of that, a layer of the lovely Sale-a-bration designer paper, Perfectly Artistic.  My diagonal stripes are also courtesy of Sale-a-bration:  the Metallics Glitter Tape in white.

For my focal image, I cut out two squares using the Memory Box Stitched Squares metal dies, one from Crushed Curry cardstock and the other from the wonderful specialty Shimmery White cardstock.  On the Shimmery White square, I stamped two of the images from one of my favourite Easter stamp sets, Heaven Blessed using Basic Black archival ink.  After that dried, I coloured the images using my Stampin' Markers.  Before I mounted my squares onto the base card with Dimensionals, I stamped the sentiment using the same Basic Black ink and the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp.



It's a bright and happy card---a perfect send-off for one of my favourite challenges.  I hope you'll check out the wonderful cards created by the Design Team for the Friday Mashup.

2 comments:

  1. Such a cute little image, and I love how you applied the layout subtly with vellum - wait, that's glitter tape? I'm going to have to check that out closer. I sure am going to miss this challenge too. Thanks for joining us for the final Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heidi, yes, that's Glitter Tape. I almost didn't bother getting it during Sale-a-bration because I didn't think I would use it. Now I'm sold on it. Love the subtlety of the effect one can get. I'll really miss your challenge---a lot.

      Delete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.