Wednesday 2 March 2016

WWC57 - Deborah's Sketch Challenge


It's time for another Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and this week Deborah Smart has provided us with a sketch.


I love all the fancy layering in this sketch.  Some of it even looks as if it has been woven, doesn't it?  For some reason it just made me think of a masculine card and so that's the way I'm going to interpret the sketch for my card.

I decided to use some of the Going Places Designer Series paper stack for this card and so I chose my colours from the paper.  As a result my card base is Mossy Meadow followed by a layer of Delightful Dijon and then the Going Places design.  All the men in my life love to travel and so I used the globe and compass from the Going Global set as well as the suitcase from the Traveler stamp set for my stamped main design.  I stamped the images using Basic Gray and then stamped an additional suitcase, coloured it and cut it out.  I used dimensionals to place it over the Basic Gray image.


For those tags that appear woven over the Lost Lagoon rectangle and under the stamped Very Vanilla rectangle, I used Delightful Dijon strips which I first embossed using the Boho Chic embossing folder and then rounded off at the right end.  I added a Candy Dot (white coloured with Mossy Meadow ink) to the diamond embossed shape at the end.

It was fun using Deborah's sketch for my card and I hope it inspires you to try making your own card using her sketch.  Check out the cards made by the rest of the Watercooler Artists for more inspiration at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.