Monday 4 April 2016

SUO145 - Eat Cake!

The SUO Challenge this week is all about cute critters.  Well, I can get onboard with that.  I love critters---especially the cute ones.

This gave me a chance to use some of my more neglected stamp sets as well as a couple which are retired but still close to my heart.  Which ones are those?  Well, I used the current Giggle Greetings set for my kitty and that cheesy cake.  My adorable little mouse came from the retired Life in the Forest set and the much yummier cake, the birthday hat and the greeting all came from the retired Sketched Birthdays set.  Together, they combine to make a very cute card, don't they?

I used the colours from the background Cherry On Top Designer stack paper when I coloured the images except for the Smoky Slate in my mouse and the combination Pumpkin Pie/Crumb Cake in my kitty.  So the inks I used are Watermelon Wonder, Crushed Curry, Pool Party and Bermuda Bay.  My base cardstock is Smoky Slate followed by a layer of Basic Black.  I think the colours really pop and make this a "happy" card.


I hope you'll check out the other SUO Challenge cards and add your own critter as well.

I've also added this card to the Retro Rubber Challenge 35 "Anything Goes".

18 comments:

  1. OK - this card is awesome! I love what you did with the cat and mouse! That cat cracks me up. Never looks happy! Love the brightness of the colors and the layout is clever! Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber! We look forward to seeing you in the gallery in the future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jane. Well, it's hard to look happy when you've just coughed up a hairball, I suppose.

      Delete
  2. This is a very happy card with a great use of stamps and design. So funny! Thanks for including Retro Rubber in your stamping fun this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Neva. I have always loved the little mouse from that retired set.

      Delete
  3. Love this, fun layout and I love all the fun stamps and your excellent colouring. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Cx DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Claire. The stamps worked beautifully together, didn't they?

      Delete
  4. Adorable! This is one of SU's cutest stamp sets and I definitely don't bring it out enough! Great layout!! Thank you for playing with us this week and hope to see you in the RRCB gallery again soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Debbie. That sad cat is my favourite of the set.

      Delete
  5. Oh, what a fun card, awesome coloring, love the way you made the kitty and the mouse thoughts show, super cute. The background really compliments this images perfectly.
    Thank you for sharing with us at Retro Rubber this week, we hope to see you again in the gallery.

    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Maria. I love that the three stamp sets worked so beautifully together.

      Delete
  6. Oh my, this card is adorable!! Love the images with their "thoughts"- so creative and fun!! Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much, Julie. This was such a fun card to create.

      Delete
  7. Love the 2 versions of cake - you are very clever coming up with all these great combinations!! So glad you joined the fun at SUO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Julia. I was hunting through my stamps for critters and, once I saw the two similarly presented slices, inspiration came.

      Delete
  8. Ah, fun...love how you made the cat thinking of cake and the mouse some cheese! Definitely are cute critters! Thanks for playing along with SUO Challenges this time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Connie. I enjoyed this challenge.

      Delete
  9. SO clever!!! Humor included!!! Thanks for playing along in the SUO challenge!!

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.