Wednesday 24 August 2016

WWC82 - Friendship is a Sheltering Tree


It's Libby Fens' turn to host our theme challenge this week and so it's all about trees.  What a great theme, considering how many wonderful trees and leaves there are among Stampin' Up!'s current products.


Since I was itching to play with the new Presents & Pinecones suite, I decided to combine the wonderful evergreen tree from the classic Lovely as a Tree set with the new Pine Bough embossing folder.  And what a great combination they make!  I used a base of the Heavy Whisper White followed by a layer of Wild Wasabi cardstock.  Then I added a piece of Whisper White onto which I first stamped the evergreen using Almost Artichoke and Soft Suede.  After that I lined up the Pine Bough embossing folder to avoid the stamped tree and still leave room for a sentiment.


To give added definition and interest to the embossed pine boughs, I used my Aqua Painter and Soft Suede to trace along the woody portion.  Then I softly sponged over portions of the raised embossing with Almost Artichoke ink followed by sponging with Wild Wasabi ink.  For my sentiment I turned to the Sheltering Tree set and stamped it using Wild Wasabi ink.  The bit of background detail?  Just a repeated stamping with the snowflakes images from the Christmas Pines set using Soft Sky ink.

I hope you'll check out the wonderful cards by the other Watercooler Artists at our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.