Wednesday 22 February 2017

Watercooler Wednesday Challenge #107 - Penny's Masculine "Anything Goes" Challenge


It's time for another masculine challenge and this time it's hosted by Penny Hanuszak.  I love making masculine cards and projects.  There are a lot of men in my extended family and it's a good thing to have some cards on hand that are particularly designed for them.


I love an "anything goes" challenge, don't you?  It means that the sky (or my imagination) is the limit, in this case as long as it's masculine.  This time I decided I would finally get around to using my Nailed It bundle.  How awesome is it that we have a stamp set with some terrific images of tools, nails, bolts, etc PLUS a matching set of dies to cut them out?  The moment I saw the set, I knew I would have to buy it.  After all, with a brother-in-law who is a master carpenter and a bunch of would-be handymen in my family, this bundle is going to get a lot of use.

I decided to keep the colours neutral except  for a splash of red (unless you consider that silver is not a neutral?)  I even managed to get a strip of Silver Foil which I embossed using the new Hexagons Dynamic Textured Impressions embossing folder.  Otherwise my base is Smoky Slate with a layer of Basic Black and then a layer of Basic Grey.  The tool box is primarily Real Red except for the touches of Silver Foil and the screwdriver has a Crumb Cake handle.


You can see there is some sponging on the handle of  the screwdriver and also on the tool box.  The splatters on the Basic Grey were stamped with an image from the One Wild Ride set.

I hope you'll check out the wonderful creations by the other Watercooler Artists at our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.  And then I invite you to link up your own masterpiece for us to enjoy.

4 comments:

  1. Heidi, Your card is Perfect for the men in your life. I love the detail that you have done on the tools and adding that hexagon strip works beautifully. The red sentiment literally "Pops" out and is perfect for your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At the risk of sounding cliche Heidi, I just want to say you really "nailed it" with this masculine card. Great use of the images from that set and colour mix. The splash of red for the tool box and all the shiny tools, screws and nuts and bolts are perfect! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great set and a fab bold card Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great masculine card, and love the look of the tools!!!

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.