Wednesday 14 June 2017

Watercooler Wednesday Challenge #123 - Marsha's "Fireworks" Theme Challenge


Marsha Reed is hosting a theme challenge over at our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and it's all about fireworks.  This time of the year, that's definitely a suitable theme.


The thing is that I don't have any specifically "fireworks" stamps.  But that doesn't matter when you're creative and have a whole lot of retired and current products just asking to be tried.  Let the fun begin!

I decided to use a nice bright, white base.  Everything shows up well against that, right?  Then I took a piece of Night of Navy cardstock and embossed it using my Softly Falling embossing folder.  Sponged lightly over the raised dots with retired silver ink, that sure looked like a starry sky.

Next I turned to a recently retired set I barely used, the Star Blast Edgelits dies.  With those I cut a piece of Red Glimmer Paper and also one of Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper.  After cutting those pieces apart, reassembling them artistically in a fireworks pattern and mixing and matching the colours, I was pretty sure I had created a pretty good display.

But the bottom of the card felt empty.  Yes, I was adding the "celebrate" but that really didn't feel like enough.  Well, from retired set to brand new, unopened set.  I turned to the gorgeous new Seasonal Layers Thinlits.  To be precise, the Adirondack chairs.

The perfect spot to watch the stars or a wonderful fireworks display.  A couple of chairs and two drinks worked out perfectly, especially with the added banner.


I hope you enjoyed my card today and that you'll check out the ones created by the Watercooler Artists over at our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.  And then why not link up something yourself once you've been inspired?

2 comments:

  1. Wow Heidi you hit the mark with this one. Great use of the Star Blast thinlets for your pyrotechnic display! Made me smile when I looked at the Muskoka chairs and the drinks. Perfect way to watch the "works". Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi, your card make me smile big. I just love those chairs and best of all was the drinks on the arms. What creativity! The fireworks are beautiful and so colorful. I love that new stamp set as well. It is on my Wish list! Great Card!

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.