Sunday 16 July 2017

Peace on Earth

It's been a while since I've created a card for a challenge other than our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.  But with the arrival of the Carols of Christmas bundle, I've been inspired to play a bit.  Yes, those large sentiments are great but what I love is those wonderful dies for the trees, deer and starlit sky.

Since the Jingle Belles Challenge is all about a colour inspiration photo, I knew I could create something for that.

 

What inspired me?  The wonderful blues, the silhouettes of trees, the touches of green, and the starry sky.  Perfect for this bundle.  

I used the lovely Night of Navy for my base, added a layer of Silver Glimmer paper and then proceeded to use my dies on the next layer of Night of Navy.  For the top portion I used the starry night die and for the bottom portion I used the "frame" die.  Since those dies only cut into the cardstock, leaving an open pattern, the Silver Glimmer paper showed through and sparkled beautifully.  

Next I heat embossed the sentiment, Peace on Earth, on a rectangle of Night of Navy using Silver Embossing Powder.  I attached that to the "framed area", adding a thin strip of Silver Glimmer paper to the top to continue the design.

Then I cut out a whole bunch of evergreens from a piece of Garden Green cardstock and three deer from Chocolate Chip cardstock.  I arranged those above the sentiment and my card was done.


I hope you'll check out the Jingle Belles Challenge for more of their Christmas cards.

2 comments:

  1. Love how you incorporated the beautiful sparkly glimmer paper into your design ... so very glad you got inspired with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful, bold and striking holiday card design, i love how cleverly you've interpreted the inspiration pic! thanks for joining our fun this fortnight at JINGLE BELLES ♥

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.