Monday 7 August 2017

PCC254 - Live Life with Zest!

It's been a while since I played along with the Paper Craft Crew.  But then that's why I left the Design Team.  I had so many things going on in my life.  Well, time to have fun and "live life with zest".




When I think of fun in the backyard, I usually think about having some fresh lemonade.  (Spiked or not depends on the occasion).  With this new catalogue's great stamps, creating something that really looks like a glass of lemonade was super easy.  I simply reached for the Lemon Zest set and the Coffee Cafe bundle.  On their own or combined, these are such fun to use.

I had found, among the piles of papers I've gone through lately, some DSP which really caught my eye.  Imagine how thrilled I was to be able to use it with this card.  First, however, I reached for my new Tim Holtz Oxide Inks and played with that DSP a bit.  Using the Fossilized Amber and the Vintage Photo, I managed to make the DSP even better.  How great is that!

I used Heavy Whisper White for my base and then a skinny layer of Basic Grey.  My glass has some shine because I simply had to cover it with some Crystal Effects.


And there you have it, my fun drink for my summer BBQ.  I hope you'll take time to check out the other cards at the Paper Craft Crew Challenge.

I was thrilled to hear that I was among the Top Picks for this challenge.

grab button for Paper Craft Crew Challenges

11 comments:

  1. This is an amazing card, Heidi. That background...wow! However you created it and the other elements on the card, the result is something unique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a fabulous job with your tall refreshing glass of lemonade. Gosh the glass looks so real as do the lemons. I've not ever heard of crystal effects. Also while here I noticed your side bar with the stamped rock.. LOVE it.. cause it's mixing two of my favorite things.. rocks and stamps.. yay. pjs-projects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, PJ. Crystal effects is like a shiny glaze which one can paint over an item. It's called a lot of other names by manufacturers other than Stampin' Up! I really have enjoyed stamping on rocks. It's a challenge but the results can really be WOW.

      Delete
  3. What a fabulous card, Heidi! I love the lemons, the ice cubes and the beautiful background!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Mia. It was fun deciding what elements to add to the card.

      Delete
  4. Great use of the lemon stamp Heidi. This is fantastic. Thanks for joining us this week at the Paper Craft Crew. Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Carolyn. That lemon bundle is so versatile and fun to use.

      Delete
  5. Heidi, WOW! Stunning card and love the background and use of Oxide Inks. Thanks for playing along with the Paper Craft Crew. Your card was selected as a top pick for PCC254

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Pam. It was a fun card to create. And thank you very much for choosing it as a top pick.

      Delete
  6. What a fabulous card. Your background is amazing.
    And I love the gloss on your lemonade.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a lovely comment.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.