Wednesday 9 August 2017

Watercooler Wednesday Challenge #131 - Kath's "All About Birthdays" Challenge

*Chosen for Top Three in the SUO Challenge----Yay!*


I love celebrating birthdays, don't you?  And making a card for someone's birthday is such a pleasure.  Naturally I'm happy that this week's challenge, hosted by Kath Ricks, is "All About Birthdays".


When I first looked through the new Annual Catalogue, I was drawn to the fun new Birthday Memories Suite.  The stamp set with its matching framelits and that colourful Designer Paper were hard to pass up, especially since there was also some beautiful Stitched Edge Ribbon and Balloon Honeycomb Embellishments.

I decided to make my card in the popular Double Z fold.  I think it shows off the paper and the characters in this set wonderfully well.  To begin, I used a base of Heavy Whisper White.  I followed up with a layer of Lemon Lime Twist and some of the beautiful Designer Paper.

The Fox was the easiest.  There was a framelit that cut him out from the Designer Paper with all the characters.  I didn't even have to stamp him or colour him.  The rest of the gang?  I fussy-cut them all.  By the end I had to take a break.  Using the hand-cut characters, however, really made the wonderful "animal parade" possible.


You can see that I've sponged some grass on a layer of Whisper White in order to give the characters a background to anchor them.  The inks used were a combination of Lemon Lime Twist and Old Olive.


Doesn't that "animal parade" look great?  To finish off I added two of the Balloon Honeycomb Embellishments over the two cut-out balloons.  Can't you imagine a child's face when he or she opens this card?

I hope you'll check out the terrific cards created by the other Watercooler Artists at our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

I've also included my card in the SUO Challenge since it  is also all about birthdays--how handy is that!

4 comments:

  1. Love this animal parade Heidi and the gate fold style of your card holds it perfectly in place. The designer paper is so happy looking and the characters you chose are great. Thanks for sharing your awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Heidi- this is amazing! Love all of your fussy-cut/die cut characters as well as the fancy fold! I am sure that the child that receives this card will be thrilled as we are! Thanks for sharing with us at SUO Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much fun and joy and colour - you can hear the music while they parade!! Great project, and totally awesome for our birthday challenge. I'm so glad you joined the fun with us at SUO Challenges!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What child wouldn't LOVE to get this card. Its bright & Bold. Thanks for playing along with the SUO Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.