Sunday 24 September 2017

Inkspirational #144 - Hello Fall

This is such a pretty time of the year--or at least it would be if it would just dry up and let me enjoy the colours.  I had hopes to get out to do some photography earlier today when it was pretty with puffy clouds and sunshine.  But sometimes in between finishing chores and getting ready, the weather did a complete turn-about and the sky became grey and the rain began to fall.  But the falling rain is NOT why I called this post Hello Fall.

We don't get the heart-stopping show of colours that the East gets.  Still, the vivid yellows and occasional oranges we do get are sensational, especially when reflected in a lake or pond.   I still hope to get a chance at photos before all those leaves dull and fall.

In the meantime I've been playing with Glossy cardstock and a few of my inks.  This time they're all Stampin' Up! inks, namely Olive Green, Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry and some Soft Suede.  I covered the Glossy paper with a light wash of Olive Green and let that dry.  Then I took some ink mixed with a bit of water and splattered it over the Glossy paper.  I repeated that with all the aforementioned colours, allowing each to dry in between, and wound up with what would become my leaves.

I began with a base of Heavy Whisper White.  Then I added another layer backed with a narrow matte of Olive Green and finally another layer backed with a narrow matte of Cajun Craze.  I wanted the interest in the background without adding embossing or stamping.  After using the Seasonal Layers Thinlits to cut a branch from a piece of Soft Suede and attaching that to the card, I cut three "hello's" from pieces of Crushed Curry, Old Olive and Cajun Craze with a retired thinlit.  I glued those together, layering them to show a border of colour on each side and then attached the sentiment to the card.  Then  I took the tiny maple leaf thinlit from the Seasonal Layers set and proceeded to cut leaves from the coloured and splattered Glossy paper.


After adding the leaves to the branch and also randomly to the empty areas, I added the "FALL" to the sentiment as well as used my Cajun Craze marker to ink in the "hollows" that were not in the "hello" die-cut.

I hope you'll check out the cards at the Inkspirational Challenge.  This week's theme is all about "Hello".

6 comments:

  1. Is that hello die from SU? Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Tania. Yes, that hello die is from SU but is sadly retired. That doesn't stop me from using it, however, because it's a nice size.

      Delete
  2. Your autumn leaves hello card is lovely! The fact they're maple leaves makes my Canadian heart smile! So thrilled you shared this gem in the INKspirational gallery!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love maple leaves. Of course in my cold corner of the country they don't get the glorious colours they usually have back east, but still, they do put on a show.

      Delete
  3. What a festive card! Thanks for sharing this with us at Inkspirational!

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.