Saturday 13 July 2013

Walk In the Wild

Those of you that know me, also know how much I love photography.  I love taking photos in the wild.  How appropriate, therefore, is this stamp set which Stampin' Up! just introduced in the new Annual Catalogue?  Don't you just love the moose in it?
Walk in the WildWood 130354, Clear 130357

I've always wanted to take a photo of a bull moose in full rack.  So far I've been lucky enough to have taken photos of several cow moose and some half-grown calves.  Someday---this is on my bucket list.

In the meantime it's easy to indulge myself by using this beautifully detailed stamp set for some of my masculine cards.  The one I've made today is very neutral in tone.  I wanted the main focus to be on the moose rather than the colouring or anything else in the card.  Of course I had to use the wood embossing folder after stamping my background with some of the trees from the Lovely as a Tree stamp set.  It just added the right amount of texture, didn't it?

I also got to play with some other items from the new Annual Catalogue: the Magnetic Platform and the Squares Framelits.  All I can say is that using the framelits has never been easier.  No more taping or any other fussing around.  All I do is centre the framelit, hear the metallic "snap" of the magnet grabbing the framelit, and roll it through the Big Shot.  The magnets are so strong that the framelit never moves.  This is perfect and fool-proof.  Now I'm looking for excuses to use my framelits.


The colours in the card are Whisper White, Early Espresso, Sahara Sand and Naturals White.  I love the way they work together, don't you?

2 comments:

  1. Perfect masculine card, Heidi! I love the colors and the embossing you did as well!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sharon. I'm so glad that Lovely as a Tree remains with us. It makes such a perfect background.

      Delete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.