Saturday 30 August 2014

Boo to you! PCCCS 107

*So thrilled to have this chosen for the Featured Artisans!*

I really have been enjoying the various sketches at the Paper Craft Crew Challenges.  This week's is no exception, although it did set me back a bit, trying to figure out my own "take" on it.  I've done that.  I've made the card.  I even managed to make it entirely from Stampin' Up! products (although two are retired).   I hope you like it.

Card Sketch #107 for Paper Craft Crew Card Sketch #stampinup #papercraftcrew #cardchallenge


A little side-note about the Designer Paper at the top of my card.  Yes, it is current but you may not recognize it.  I took the pattern from the Santa & Co. Designer Paper, coloured the white with my light Pumpkin Pie Blendabilities marker, and sponged the perimeter lightly with Basic Black ink.  Suddenly, instead of being full of Christmas, it has turned into Hallowe'en.

For the bottom Pumpkin Pie cardstock, I first embossed it with my Beautifully Baroque embossing folder and then sponged Basic Black around the perimeter and also across the design to emphasize the lines.


The three layers of scallops between the two patterns were cut using one of my (retired) Adorning Accents edgelits.  I've alternated them Basic Black, Old Olive and Basic Black.  Above them is a ribbon and bow cut from (retired) Raven Trim Lace.

I decided to have my main element in the shape of a Maple Leaf cut  with my Autumn Accents Bigz die from Whisper White.  Once I had the shape, I stamped it in Memento Black ink using my Holiday Home stamp set.  Thank goodness that set is Photopolymer because it made stamping all those various stamps to make my scene so much easier.  I could immediately see if a stamp was too close to a cut line.  Then it was an easy matter to colour it using my Blendabilities.  I love the ease of colouring and blending with those alcohol markers.

My base cardstock is Basic Black and I've already mentioned the next layer which is in two pieces.  For the Maple leaf with the scene which I coloured up, I wasn't entirely happy with the way it looked directly against the card and so I glued it onto a piece of Basic Black cardstock and cut around the perimenter, leaving only a very thin border of black.  And that made all the difference!

For my sentiment I couldn't think of anything more appropriate than the "boo to you" from the new Good Greetings hostess stamp set.  I stamped it in Black on a piece of Pumpkin Pie cardstock.  Before mounting it on Dimensionals, I lightly sponged the edges using Basic Black ink.


For more cards using this sketch, check out the Paper Craft Crew Challenges.

6 comments:

  1. you do such nice work, Heidi & I love this Hallowe'en card; you've added so much detail & it's all pulled together quite nicely; thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Susan. I love figuring out the details and finally getting to the end, knowing it's what I wanted.

      Delete
  2. This is fabulous Heidi! I love the beautifully coloured scene inside the Maple leaf - Wow! Just gorgeous! And the way you've coloured the DSP to fit the scene. Thanks so much for joining us at a The Paper Craft Crew again :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jan. I've been enjoying your challenges. Sometimes it takes me a bit to figure out my own spin, but that's why it's called a challenge, right? Thanks again.

      Delete
  3. Amazing card! I love the Maple Leaf. Very cool with the stamping on the Maple Leaf. Blendabilities are awesome. Thanks for playing along again and look for your card to be part of our featured artisan post for Card Sketch #107.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Pam. I really enjoy the challenges on the PCCC. And you guys have been awesome---thanks for all the compliments.

      Delete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.