Tuesday 1 July 2014

Work of Art Meets World of Dreams -- Meeting two challenges

Once in a while you come across a wonderful technique or fold that you know you want to try yourself.  That's what happened when I saw Belinda Neil's Double Diamond Fold Card.  I knew I had to try it myself and I knew I wanted to enter my project in a challenge or two.

***And I have to crow about this!  I just won the SUO Challenge Top 3 for this special-fold card.  That is a real honour and so exciting!***

***I also found out that I won the Around the World Stampin' Up! Challenge Top 3 as well.***

For the Around the World Stampin' Up! Challenge #20, they're asking for projects using Blackberry Bliss, Calypso Coral and Hello Honey.  For the S-U Only Challenge #100, they're asking for projects that meet one of their 100 challenges.  I chose to do their Challenge #59, Fun or Unusual Folds.  Done in the colours from the Around the World challenge, this card will meet both challenge parameters.

I chose to have the base for my card in Blackberry Bliss.  I did all my stamping with the World of Dreams stamp set in Blackberry Bliss ink on Very Vanilla cardstock.  I also did background stamping with the Work of Art stamp set using Hello Honey and Calypso Coral.  For the side panels I also added another layer of Hello Honey cardstock.

For my sentiment I used the word bubble from Just Sayin' but in the centre I stamped "Love you always" from the Something to Say stamp set.


The real impact for this card is the fold but the colours really make it come to life as well.  I'm really in love with these stamp sets.  They are so very versatile---and that's what makes a great stamp in my opinion.

20 comments:

  1. Oh, I love your fancy fold card and the use of the AW Colors- perfect for both challenges and so pretty!! Thanks for playing along with us in our 100th SUO Challenge :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Julie. You make such wonderful cards, your praise means a lot to me.

      Delete
  2. Oh wow very cool! I do love the new in-colors and all of the stamps you used! Love that fold, so unique! Great job!
    Peace,
    KristyLee

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a very talented girl! Very nice, Heidi! Thank you for your participation to AW. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much, Marie-Josee. I am really enjoying your challenges.

      Delete
  4. Yowsers!! Great card, Heidi!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This sure is impressive. Love your fun fold, vibrant colours and choice of stamps. Thanks for joining us at SUO.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is fabulous! I will have to learn how to do this fancy fold and I love the colors together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ter, the fold is actually not difficult at all but looks super-fancy. Thanks for the kind words.

      Delete
  7. WONDERFUL! I love the fold and gorgeous selection of stamps and layout! Thanks for playing along with the SUO Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Connie. I had so much fun with the SUO Challenge, especially with all the choices.

      Delete
  8. WOW, that is ONE.AMAZING.FOLD there on your beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karen. The fold is easier than it looks but certainly catches the eye.

      Delete
  9. Such a fun card, I haven't seen that fold before, it looks terrific, well done on your win over at SUO challenge, congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.