Monday 28 July 2014

...and more challenges! (Chosen for Top 3 at Freshly Made Sketches)

Have you ever looked at a group of colours and wondered what on earth you could do with them?  I was in that position when I decided I wanted to enter a colour challenge that included a number of colours that I don't frequently use.  But that's what makes it a challenge, right?


That is my finished card.  The spatter is gold embossing thanks to that wonderful Gorgeous Grunge stamp set.  I've used real Washi Tape, the Calypso Coral design from the Epic Day set, as well as a strip of Washi tape wannabe, thanks to the Tape It stamp set and Gold embossing powder over Elegant Eggplant.  The skinny ribbon is Melon Mambo 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon.  The sentiment is from the Hello Love stamp set and cut with the cute little Banner punch.

That gorgeous tag is two layers, one of Gold Foil and the other Whisper White.  Both were cut using the Chalk Talk framelits.  I stamped the Pink Pirouette using the Work of Art stamp set and the Elegant Eggplant using the Choose Happiness stamp set.

Would I have chosen to use those colours?  Probably not.  But I have to admit that they add a lot of life to the card and make it very cheery.  And that's why I enter challenges:  because they force me to go out of my comfort zone and try new things.

This is the sketch challenge I entered at Freshly Made Sketches:
This is the colour challenge that I entered at colourQ:


Because I haven't been with Stampin' Up! long enough, I had to change out Concord Grape for the current Elegant Eggplant and Pretty in Pink for the current Pink Pirouette.  The Melon Mambo, Calypso Coral, Whisper White and Gold are still current and were used.

This is the photo inspiration challenge that I entered at Addicted to Stamps and More!:


It's always great to read comments from people who come to see my post.  If you have a moment, please leave one.  Thanks so much.

14 comments:

  1. Wow! This card is so well designed! I love your stamp and color choices, and the gold embossed "splatter" is perfect! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the lovely comments. I always enjoy the sketches on the FMS blog.

      Delete
  2. Wow, Heidi, you've drawn inspiration from some wonderful challenges and your card that resulted: pure delight! I agree that challenges invite us to extend beyond our comfort zones, and you've shown, with the colours, images and layout you've chosen, how fabulous those 'stretches' can be! Your card is eye-catching, vibrant and fun! Thank you for sharing at ATSM!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Carol. You're really good for my ego.

      Delete
  3. Beautifully done! You've done a fabulous job of using the colors, and I love how you've arranged all of the elements. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Amy. I always love the sketches at your challenge and especially enjoyed this one.

      Delete
  4. Great use of the gold elements with these colours! Thanks for playing along with the ColourQ this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Amy. I enjoy your challenges.

      Delete
  5. Well done with the colour challenge, I love how the challenges push us to use things we wouldn't normally feel safe with. Those gold splatters are perfect (need to remember that one!) and I love your little cluster of elements. Well done and thanks for joining us at ATSM this week, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anita. As for those splatters of gold, I honestly didn't want the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set when I first saw. Got it on a whim. It has to be one of my more used stamp sets. Go figure!

      Delete
  6. I just love the touch of gold you added to ur card, great way to incorporate the frame and the bird :) Thank you for sharing with ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Deepti. Your cards are always so wonderful that your comments mean a lot.

      Delete
  7. Congratulations on being of the Princesses at Freshly Made Sketches!! As I said on SC, it is a beautiful card and you made all those colors work so well together!
    Thank you also for visiting my blog and leaving such a kind comment. Always appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Louise. I really appreciate your comments. Your card was wonderful and I really enjoyed seeing it on your blog.

      Delete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.