Tuesday 18 February 2014

Fun with the Circle Card Thinlit---Creating the double flip

You've seen it and want to make your own, right?  It's quite a showy card.  I had a lot of comments about it on my post for the blog hop and promised that I would post a tutorial for it.  I like to keep my promises.

This is the one you saw on my blog hop post.


It really isn't all that hard to do this double-flip card.  And the good news is that it takes no more cardstock than a normal 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card.  The measurements of the finished card, however, make an almost square 5 1/4" x 5 1/2" card.  But an envelope is easily taken care of using your Envelope Punch Board.

We begin with a piece of cardstock cut to 5 7/16" x 8 1/2" (yes, that is 1/16" less than normal but it makes a huge difference.  That 1/16" less allows you to slip your cardstock into your thinlit instead of having the thinlit cut it out).

Step 1.  Slip cardstock into thinlit as shown.  This works with both the Circles Card thinlit and the Labels   Card thinlit.  Please note how the cutting edge is facing down in this photo.


Step 2.  Flip cardstock over and slip into thinlit again as shown.  In this photo the cutting edge is facing down


                This is the same step but I'm showing the cardstock with the cutting edge facing up.

Step 3.  This is how your cardstock will look when you've completed Step 2.


             And this is how you fold it. 


After that, it's just a matter of deciding how to decorate it.

I decided to use this piece of Crushed Curry cardstock to make a slightly different card.  Instead of folding it the way the first card (at top of post) was done, I folded it with the cardstock flipped over.  That way I wound up with the first circle at the bottom instead of the top.  It's just a variation you can try depending on the design of your card.

One suggestion for putting Designer Paper onto your base cardstock follows.  You don't have to do this but I thought I'd share how I prepared the next layer for my card.

Step 1.  Cut a piece of Designer Paper to 5 7/16" x 8 1/2".  Cut as shown for cardstock in the steps above.


Step 2.  Use your Stampin' Trimmer to cut each section just beside the fold lines as follows:





                 And this is what the pieces should look like.  

Step 3.   Trim just a tiny bit from each edge to allow room for the cardstock to show.

Step 4.  Adhere to base cardstock.


Step 5.  Fold and decorate as your mood takes you.


This is where my mood took me.  More about the products used here.
                                                                       
   

Enjoy using my instructions.  All I ask is that you do not sell them and that you give me credit.

6 comments:

  1. very cool! thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, neat. I have yet to get these dies. I want to eventually though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow this is amazing. I have this die, and was wondering what else I could do! You've started me off on a whole new thought patters! Thanks so much

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Clare. I hope you enjoy playing with this pattern.

      Delete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.