Friends

Saturday, 5 July 2014

For the Newlyweds -- Elegance and simplicity

I needed a wedding card for a friend's wedding.  I wanted something elegant but at the same time, rather simple.  I kept the card to all white with touches of gold and am sure I hit the mark with it.  This is exactly what I had in mind.

Just because I've been doing challenges lately, I couldn't help but follow one of the sketch designs for my card.  What drew me to the sketch was its simplicity.


You can see what I mean about its simplicity.  There isn't much to it, but sometimes it's what you choose for your elements that makes or breaks the final result.  I had already decided to use the Fancy Foil Designer Vellum with the small gold hearts.  Along with that I planned to cut Gold Foil with the scalloped heart from the Hearts a Flutter framelits set.  To dress up the heart, I planned on a white flower made using the Filter Paper and Spiral Flower Originals die.  After assembling the flower, I edged the petals with Tombo glue and dipped the flower into the Gold Glitter.  Even after as much loose glitter as possible was gone, the flower just sparkled like crazy.  I loved it!

I also used Gold Foil for the long, skinny banner and then heat embossed a Whisper White banner with Gold Embossing powder.  The assembled card turned out just as elegant and simple as I had hoped it would.


To see more cards made with this sketch, pop over to the Sketch Frenzy Friday challenge.

I also entered the card into the Stampin' Royalty Challenge which had instructions for participants to "keep it simple".

4 comments:

  1. another lovely card by the lovely heidi! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ter. I love everything about this card except that it is a "bugger" to put into an envelope.

      Delete
  2. Your card is so Elegant and just beautiful!. I know the Newly Weds will love it.
    Thanks for joining us over at Sketch Frenzy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Patrice. I enjoyed the challenge.

      Delete

I welcome your comments or questions.